Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lizard Woman


Well, I'm officially ready for the freak show. The steroids finally got ahead of the burning hands, but now everything that burned is peeling. Aaand the hair is going.

To tell the truth, it does feel like I'm half dead. Nothing tastes right. I'm touching life through a stiff film that flakes off as I bend. Even my eyes fog over like some snake shedding its skin.

"Wilt thou show wonders to the dead? Shall the dead arise and praise thee? Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?" Ps 88:10,11.

David thought the answer was "of course not"; he was asking for deliverance. I think that since Jesus' resurrection the answer is actually, "Exactly! Yes." The dead rise to praise Him every day. So will I.

2 comments:

travelmom said...

Oh Amen - may God continue to carry you through this dark valley. May His presence provide grace yet unmet on this difficult path. Reading your story is an encouragement. I am praying.

Kim Anderson said...

For "grace yet unmet" I thank you and look for from God's hand.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails