Faithful followers will recall that God served me up this little Short Term Project (STP) this fall: breast cancer. And that I resolved (not merely) to beat it. So I've been looking for the things I couldn't have done without it. Thought you might like to have a preliminary look at my current list.
Without cancer you can't:
- Participate in clinical trials for new cancer drugs or natural therapies.
- Tear out your hair in clumps for emotional release or personal revenge (ask me later).
- Justify ordering people to fetch, carry, scrub, cook, open jars, or be your hands and feet without feeling guilty.
- Dress like a pirate queen in a business setting and keep your job.
- Inspire half a dozen co-workers to stick with the South Beach Diet through the Christmas holiday.
- Find a moral imperative in a hair-do or lack thereof (story for another day).
- See sunsets, snowstorms, Christmas trees or children's faces clearly enough.
- Catch a glimpse of the Bride in all her compassionate splendor as she dispenses gifts from Christ's bounty.